Title: National Consultant
Location: 10 municipalities in Albania
Start of assignment: 13.05.2019
End of assignment: 05.06.2020
Duration of assignment: 28 working days
Though Albania is considered as a safe country of origin, many Albanian citizens immigrate irregularly in the EU countries, asking for the refugee status. Part of the asylum seekers are young people, who migrate with(out) their families. The main reasons of this broad migration are the economic reasons, the inability to integrate into the labor market and lack of information on how to look for a job. Youth has the most vulnerable position in the labor market not solely in Albania, but also elsewhere in the world. In the aftermath of the financial crisis, youth employment rates are quite low and unemployment rates are quite high in the European Union. In a fast changing and ever evolving labor market, informing and orienting youngsters to better prepare for the integration into the labor market is a primary duty of all stakeholders, be they public or private. Within this framework, the European Centre and GIZ-PME are implementing the project “Integration in the labor market: Yes, I can!”, to contribute in the active integration of young people in the education system and labor market.
The European Centre is looking for two national consultants, who will be responsible for delivering a series of 10 2-days trainings on labor market opportunities and priorities, career consulting and (re)integration opportunities for returnees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
For this activity, the European Centre will require the services of two national experts who will be responsible of delivering 10 2-days trainings on labor market opportunities and priorities, career consulting and (re)integration opportunities for returnees.
The trainings’ methodology shall include the following outline: using simple language and definitions, appropriate for the target audience, promoting the principle of equal opportunities and gender equality and simulation of a job interview, to help pupils/students to be more prepared for the near future.
MORE SPECIFICALLY, THE EXPERTS WILL HAVE TO:
- Prepare a tailored module with theoretical and practical information about the labor market;
- Deliver 10 2-days trainings on labor market opportunities, career consulting and (re)integration opportunities;
- Simulate a job interview for the participants and pick a winner from the competition;
EXPECTED OUTPUTS/ DELIVERABLE’S
- Deliver 10 2-day trainings by June 5th 2020.
- Deliver a bimonthly report about finalized trainings.
- Deliver a final report about the overall training sessions by June 5th 2020.
- University degree in law, social or political studies;
- At least 5 years of professional experience;
- Previous experience with European Centre would be an asset;
- Very good skills in public speaking;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and under time pressure;
- Other academic qualification with a specific focus on the European/International standards on human rights, would be an asset.
EVALUATION OF APPLICANTS
Individual consultant will be evaluated based on a cumulative analysis taking into consideration the combination of the applicant’s qualifications and financial proposal. The award of the contract should be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated as:
- Responsive/ compliant/ acceptable; and
- Having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical criterias specific to the solicitation.
Only the highest ranked candidates who would be found qualified for the job will be considered for the financial evaluation.
Technical criteria – 100 % of total evaluation – max points 100
Criteria A: expertise in European/International standards on human rights – max points 35
Criteria B: Expertise in delivering workshops – max points 40
Criteria C: Educational background – max points 25
The call for experts will be published at the European Centre’s official website. All interested applicants shall send their CV in electronic or hard copy, up to 30 April 2019.
Email address for electronic delivery : firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address: European Centre; Rr. “Vaso Pasha”, P.20/57, Tirana Albania