Title: National Experts
Location: 24 municipalities
Start of assignment: 04.12.2017
End of assignment: 25.09.2018
Duration of assignment: 72 working days
Youth has the most vulnerable position in the labour market, not solely in Albania, but also elsewhere in the world. In the aftermath of the financial crisis, youth employment rates are quite low and unemployment rates are relatively high in the European Union. Likewise, compared to other groups of the population, youth in Albania also have the highest unemployment rates, and lowest labour force participation and unemployment rates, even if youth makes up 25% of the population. In a fast changing and ever evolving labour market, informing and orienting youngsters to better prepare for the integration into the labour market is a primary duty of all stakeholders, be they public or private sector.
In this framework, the European Centre and GIZ- PME are implementing the project “Integrate yourself towards the trade market” to promote access to VET and the labour market in Albania and Germany as a means to mitigate children’s and youth’s vulnerability to trafficking, exploitation and irregular migration.
The European Centre is looking for two national experts, who will be responsible to deliver 72 awareness raising sessions on migration, VET and carrier, and to present the tailored leaflet “Integrate yourself towards the trade market” all over the country.
Duties and responsibilities
For delivering the raising awareness sessions, the European Centre will require the services of two national experts who will be responsible to deliver seventy two awareness-raising sessions on migration, VET and carrier.
The awareness methodology shall include the following outline: using simple language and definitions appropriate for the target audience, explaining the leaflet produced for this purpose, and encouraging the audience to participate in the presentation and debate. Explaining EU legal provisions related with migration, difference between asylum seekers and economical migration. There should be explained what is VET and how to follow it, in order to reach the labour market more quickly and in a professional way. In addition, during the sessions will be explained all the relevant programs and opportunities offered by GIZ-PME project for young people with the aim to orient them towards the trade market.
More specifically, the experts will have to:
• Make a presentation of the tailored leaflet “Integrate yourself towards the trade market”;
• Explain and talk about the terms migration and VET;
• Present DIMAK and GIZ-PME opportunities;
• Discuss with the participants about the topic.
• Deliver 72 awareness raising sessions by 25th September 2018.
• Deliver a bimonthly report about finalized sessions.
• Deliver a final report about the overall sessions by 25th September 2018.
• University degree in law
• At least 3 years of professional experience; work experience in human rights/EU law expert would be an asset;
• Excellent knowledge of Albanian and international standards of human rights, with a specific focus on migration, VET and asylum;
• Previous experience with European Centre as legal expert would be an asset;
• Very good skills in public speaking;
• Previous experience in awareness raising sessions;
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and under time pressure;
• Other academic qualifications in the legal area, with a specific focus on European; international law and human rights, would be an asset.
Evaluation of applicants
Individual consultant will be evaluated based on a cumulative analysis taking into consideration the combination of the applicants` qualification and financial proposal.
The award of the contract should be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
a) Responsive/compliant/acceptable; and
b) Having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical criterias specific to the solicitation.
Only the highest ranked candidates who would be found qualified for the job will be considered for the financial evaluation.
Technical criteria – 100% of total evaluation – max points 100
Criteria A: expertise in international, EU law and human rights and related jurisprudence – max points 25
Criteria B: Expertise in delivering awareness raising sessions – max points 25
Criteria C: Educational background – max points 20
Criteria D: Financial offer – max points 30
The call for the experts will be published at the European Centre’s official website. All interested applicants shall send their CV in electronic or hard copy, up to 29th November 2017.
Email address for electronic delivery : firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address: European Centre;
Rr. “Vaso Pasha”, P. 20/57, Tirana Albania