Postpone of deadline! Open call for Expert for Focus Groups – “Active youth for a civic democracy”
Title: Expert for Focus-groups
Working days: 3
Start of assignment: 14.11.2022
End of assignment: 14.12.2022
The current situation in Albania, despite improvements, continues to show a significant difference in terms of participation of young people, women and marginalized communities in the social, economic and political life of the country. The root cause of this shortcoming varies from gender inequality to lack of capacity and programs of institutions to provide generations with accurate information on the decision-making process and civic democracy. In this situation, non-formal education initiatives represent additional opportunities to meet the needs of under-served communities, to promote civic engagement and participation in decision-making. Taking into account the abovementioned situation, the Centre is implementing the project “Active youth for civic democracy“, in the Municipality of Patos. The overall goal of the project is to foster and promote civic youth engagement through participation in local decision-making.
As requested by the proposal, the European Centre will contract an Expert for Focus-groups who will be responsible for delivering 3 Focus-groups, along with youngsters of the Youth Thematic Forum of Patos, on 3 thematics that will be decided by the youngsters, within these directions: Gender equality; Career Consulting; Volunteerism.
Duties and responsibilities
More concretely, the tasks required by the Expert for Focus-groups are mentioned below:
- Deliver, along with youngsters of the Youth Thematic Forum, 3 focus-groups within these directions: Gender equality, Career Consulting, Volunteerism;
- Prepare a set of questions for each focus-group, based on the target group;
- Pre-discuss with youngsters on the aim of each focus-group and what kind of information is required to be received from each focus-group.
- Facilitate youngsters of the Forum to direct questions to target groups and play an active role during the focus-groups;
- Prepare, along with the youngsters, minutes of the meeting for each focus-group;
- Report to the European Centre.
The Focus-groups will be delivered in Municipality Patos and/or its administrative Units.
Payments shall be made by bank transfer. Payment can be divided in two instalments and will include costs for per diems and transport from and to duty station.
Payments shall be subject to withhold tax deduction (15%), as per legislation in force.
Necessary qualification and requirements:
- University degree, preferably in law or social/political sciences;
- At least 3 years of experience in delivering focus-groups, or other activities related to specific target groups and communities;
- Previous experience in working in the civil society field;
- General knowledge on community challenges, acquired from work experience;
- Previous experience in working with youngsters and different communities, including those marginalized;
- Very good communication skills;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Previous collaboration with the European Centre;
- Master studies in law or social/political sciences;
- Residency in Patos Municipality.
Criteria for application:
All interested parties are requested to submit the documents as below, in electronic copy at email@example.com, or in hard copy at Str. “Vaso Pasha”, P. 20/57, Tirana, until 11 November 2022:
- CV of applicant;
- Any document proving previous similar engagements;
- Methodology for delivery of task or previous example of good practice;
- Financial offer for requested service (3 working days) plus requested cost for per diems and travel cost per day (or as a lumpsum). Costs must include withholding tax as per Albanian legislation in force.
Documents must be sent in English.
The European Centre Foundation reserves the right to postpone the call for application or cancel it, if applicants do not fulfill the required quality and criteria.