Title: Legal experts/lawyers
Location: Tiranë, Durrës, Pogradec, Lezhë, Shkodër, Vlorë
Start of assignment: 01 September 2022
End of assignment: 30 May 2023
The project “Free legal aid as a necessity for the reintegration of returnees” has started in June 2022, aiming at ensuring sustainable return and access to justice to Albanian returnees and potential irregular migrants’ members of vulnerable groups. This project is implemented by the European Centre and supported by GIZ PME III [Programme Migration for Development].
Free legal services for returnees and potential irregular migrants will be provided by contracted 6 lawyers, who will be hired in frame of this project. One of the key pillars of this project is the collaboration with the Directorate of Free Legal Aid of the Ministry of Justice and the Ministry itself in order to offer dedicated free legal aid services to returnees and potential irregular migrants in the same premises of the Free Legal Aid Centres. The project will focus on the most vulnerable members of the targeted group, equally distributing services based on gender and nationality criteria.
The goal of this project is to ensure sustainable return and access to justice to Albanian returnees and potential irregular migrants’ members of vulnerable groups.
Duties and responsibilities
- Providing pro bono primary and secondary legal aid for returnees concerning administrative and civil law problems resulted after their irregular migration. (180-200 cases).
- Pro-bono legal assistance offered to returnees, and members of vulnerable population groups offline & online.
- 250-300 citizens assisted online through online legal aid;
Necessary qualifications and requirements:
- University degree in law;
- Active lawyer license is necessary;
- At least 3 years of professional experience in the exercising of the lawyer’s profession;
- Very good writing skills;
- Very good communication skills;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Excellent knowledge of Albanian;
- Very good reporting skills.
All interested parties are invited to send their CV and financial offers in EUR for the lawyer position until 19 August 2022, in person or via postal office. Only the selected candidate will be notified for further procedures.