PROJECT: Contributing in the Amelioration of Human Rights Standards in and out the Penitentiary System in Albania
TERMS OF REFERENCE
POSITIONS: National Legal Experts per 8 e-modules
- Description of the project
The project “Contributing in the amelioration of human rights standards in and out the penitentiary system in Albania” has started in February 2020, aiming at promoting a functional system of protection and prevention for persons deprived of their liberties and upon release, in full compliance with European standards and recognized international principles.
The program’s main outcomes are (O.1). Rehabilitative approach to prison and probation management (education/ legal/ psycho-social and vocational support) fostered and rehabilitation and prevention prospects of prisoners improved; (O.2). An interactive platform to support CSO active in the field of human rights education and litigation; (O.3). All-of-government approach and engagement of civil society organizations in prison and probation settings enhanced, in particular in the field of fostering the crime prevention approach (including social reintegration of prisoners upon release).
During the upcoming months of project implementation, European Centre Foundation and its Lead partner organization TLAS will dedicate tailored interventions that orient legal education, strategic litigation, and vocational education to inmates; promote standards of adequate psycho-social counseling for prisoners and prison staff; engage professional active civil society actors to consolidate and prioritize treatment and services in places of deprivation of liberties (through the sub-granting process), having a consolidated partnership and support by the Albanian Ministry of Justice through General Directorate of Prisons and Probation Service).
The ECF and TLAS are looking for 4-5 high-profile national legal experts with relevant experience in the field of justice, especially on vocational rehabilitation, legal education, pro bono legal services, and best practices who will be responsible for preparing 8 e-modules for lawyers and non-layers citizens. In addition, the experts will be recording the module lessons.
- Duties and responsibilities
For the prisons staff’s workshops, ECF and TLAS will require the services of 4-5 national high profile legal experts who will be responsible to design 8 e-modules, 1 or 2 per each, and accompanied with audio-visual training on vocational rehabilitation, legal education, and pro bono legal services in line with EU standards and practices.
The various topics for the online training programme will include 8 e-modules on:
- Vocational rehabilitation,
- Legal education;
- Pro bono legal services and best European practices.
More specifically, the expert will have to:
- Expected Outputs/Deliverables
- Draft a material on 1 – 2 modules per expert in a word document or PowerPoint;
- Prepare a PowerPoint presentation;
- Prepare a multiple-choice test on completion of respective modules;
- Record the audio-visual templates;
- Necessary Qualifications
- University degree in law;
- At least 8 years of professional experience: work experience in public or human rights law/EU law or penitentiary system;
- Academic and teaching experience;
- Previous experience with ECF and TLAS as a legal expert would be an asset;
- Very good writing skills;
- Very good communication skills;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Excellent knowledge of Albanian and international standards;
- Very good reporting skills.
The delivery of training will take place in Tirana.
- Application process
Applications should be submitted to email@example.com latest by July 14, 2021.
The candidates are required to submit a CV with a description of relevant work experience and qualifications, and a financial offer for 2 modules days indicating the daily rate.
The Program Management will contact only shortlisted experts.
The payment will be made in one installment upon the satisfactory completion of all deliverables.
ECF is committed to maintaining an environment of mutual respect, where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants.